Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'm Still Going

    In his words:    


            There is 6 more months in the year so today is the first day of July. I want to be a better looking person by the end of the year.Each day I want it to count.

      Today while  was working out I wasn't very happy because I didn't go with my dad and I feel kind of sick to my stomach because I left my brother.  But now I feel happy since I worked and helped my mom.  We put effort into my work out today.  When it was all done I said, "YES!"

In my words:
Everyday this journey teaches me.  We have a circuit training 30 minute workout that we did this morning.  I just can't let another day go by and not get our 30 minutes in.  We have been walking in the evenings but there is just something about starting my day dedicating the first 30 minutes to my health and wellness.  I want the same for Keaton....for all my children.  Yesterday Taron chose to spend a couple days with his dad and Keaton opted to stay home.  He woke up this morning really missing his brother and as we began our workout he was a bit grumpy and negative.  Once completed, I looked over and he had such a grand smile on his face.  The smile, not only from being done, radiated his pride and testified to me of the physical/chemical change that accompanies pushing our bodies even just a little.  I love that feeling.  I think Keaton is starting to like it also.  I tried to make him aware of the endorphins and how they make him feel.  That feeling doesn't just happen.  He will have to work to have it again.  I can't help but relate this to our belief in the Savior.  As I have tried to facilitate moments where they can feel the spirit (family home evening, telling stories, church attendance, service). I will then try to make them aware and articulate the emotions they feel with it.  Just as if we stop trying to achieve that feeling with the Savior our testimony can falter, it is the same with physical activity and endorphins.  Every day we have to strive for the good things we want in our lives.  Thanks Keaton for teaching me today.

12 comments:

  1. keep it up Keaton.. there will be days that it will be tough and you won't want to exercise but push through. You can do it. Try snacking often during the day on veggies and fruit, I find I am not as hungry at meal times if I am eating good stuff through out the day and keep drinking lots of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going!You are all ready better motivated then I am! So keep going you can do any thing you put your mind to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keaton.. you are doing great!! And if you ever want a walking buddy.. Call Kaden.. he needs it! When I have the boys we usually walk everyday. Sometimes our walk is up to Red Hill! So have your mom give you my number and call us!! We go swimming almost everyday too at Ross Park.. come swim with us! keep up the good work Keaton!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Keaton!! You are such an amazing boy, I know that you will be able to achieve your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keaton,
    I know you don't know me but I am a friend of your mom's from high school. I have been reading your blog and am so proud of you and of the efforts you are making to be healthy. It is not easy that is for sure but you are a great inspiration to both young and not so young (us old people) Thank you for sharing your journey with us. YOU ROCK!!!! Keep up the great work. (Debbie Jackson)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Keaton! I know your mom from a long, long time ago...so we have never met, but I wanted to give you two thumbs up on all your hard work AND give your mom two thumbs up for being such a good support. It will all pay off-----

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome kid! Do you realize what an inspiration you are to so many of us GROWN UPS?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Keaton... I knew your mom in high school - we were in band and seminary together. I have been reading your blog every time you post but I haven't left a comment yet. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS on your motivation to get fit and to blog about it! It takes A LOT of courage -- you're my work out inspiration! Good luck and keep on posting to keep us updated about your journey to health!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great goal!! And it is SO true that exercise makes you feel awesome!! Truly it does! you're very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow- GREAT job Keaton! You should be very proud of yourself. What a good reminder to everybody that we can make EACH day count and do something physically good for ourselves to keep us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome. My family is working hard to get healthier too.I will have to have my kids read your blog. I think it will help them and keep them motivated. Good job Keaten.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keaton, I don't think you can get much cuter than you already are. I am very proud of you and am glad you are my son. I sure missed having you around this week. It felt a little wierd no having you. I love you, keep up the good work. Love ya. Dad

    ReplyDelete