Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Am Back

  • 22:30
  • 1 mile
  • 3.9
  • 89.5 cal
  • 170 pulse

In his own words....I am feeling better about myself because my time is getting better. I am doing good about my weight. Friday when I weighed myself I had lost 2.4 lbs. (WOW) My black pants when I first got them were really tight but now they are really loose. Whenever I play football with my friends, my pants fall down. I am glad that it is doing that but not when it falls down. Now I don't have to have a motivator. All I have to look at is myself being good trying to get this done. I have been having fun with my friend Austin. We just finished the book Diary of the Wimpy Kid, Rodricks Rules in three days. Now I am working on Diary, Dog Days with my friend Sam. I am doing really good about food choices. Every time I get home from school I ask if I can have an orange and she says yes. It is so juicy. It is different from before because I would have cookies or chips or something. But now, the new me, I don't like being the big kid anymore so I made good choices on what I am eating. (Awesome)

Keaton surprises me each day with his efforts. Today, I was heading home from ISU when he walked in from school. I got a call on my cell phone and what did my ears hear but the sound of Keaton asking if it was ok to have an orange for snack. I am not going to lie. In the past I have been afraid to be away from home when he got home because I feared what foods he would try to sneak before I got there. Now, he wants to eat healthy. Quickly he reminded me we were out of oranges and he would need more for tomorrow. :) I went produce shopping while he was at scouts. This is finals week for me and sadly I have put off an entire semester of writing for this week. Translation, I am not making dinner. Even with less than perfect dinner choices he is holding strong. Way to go my boy!! You make me so proud to be your mother.

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you're doing well getting faster completing your mile. I know you and your mom probably have a plan, but maybe you could see how far you could go in say 30 minutes instead of just improving your mile time. You'll be surprised at how far you can go over time. That's what I like to do :) You're doing awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Keaton you are a great inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great Keaton. I am proud to be your dad. Keep up the great work. Love ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keaton- you are awesome! Keep up the super work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keaton, you are such an inspiration to me. It is hard to do this even when you are a grown up but the cool part is you have started to figure out will power and agency like 20 years before any of us grown ups did. I will be starting to try to make healthier choices as well. I tried the American Heart Associations Tex Mex Lasagna and it was pretty good. I was surprised that something so healthy and salt free(we followed it to the letter since we were having my dad who had double bypass heart surgury 2 months ago over for dinner) could be so flavorful. I bet you would like it. It was a little dry but I am working on that and I will let you know if I figure a healthy solution for this.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete