Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our First Steps

Yesterday we went online and ordered a couple cookbooks.
  1. Biggest Loser Family Cookbook on a Budget
  2. Diabetes Association Cookbook
  3. American Heart Association Cookbook

We plan to eat better and be more active.

Each day Keaton will comment and so will I. This is how Keaton feels today.

In his own words-Here we are, me and Mom, trying to get rid of being "big" (he said with hesitation). Two days ago I walked a mile and it took me 30 minutes. Today I did 1.25 miles in 26 minutes and 10 seconds. I didn't want to get on the treadmill and do it but the minute I got on I felt that I needed to loose some weight so I pushed myself as long as I can and I told my mom that I will go 6 miles an hour and after that I was really happy of myself of doing that mile faster than the last time. After the mile i went downstairs and I said a prayer and said thank you for helping me do that mile. I feel alot better now that I did it. That's all.

In my words-Keaton fought with me at first today about getting his mile done. I reminded him he wants to do this and it will take effort. He has a choice. He can choose to grumble and cry or he can just get in there and get it done and then have all day to play and be proud of his efforts. He really worked hard today. Twice he upped the speed to 6 mph and ran his little heart out for as long as he could. Otherwise he was at a nice brisk walk. We did start our Saturday morning out with pancakes but I only made one for each of us and no extras. One egg and no extras. For lunch I am planning a salad. As for my physical activity, I have to clean my room and complete some work for school. I love my Keaton and his efforts. Keaton asks if just a salad for lunch will be enough. OH MY BOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. My dear Keaton, This is a pretty cool idea that you had here. I think that you will do great at it. Please know that i'll always love you, no matter what. Even though I might be a bit hard on you some times, I am very proud of you. You are a great son. There are a lot of people that look up to you (and not just because you are taller than them either). It is because of the spirit you have and the love you have for our Heavenly Father. Keep up the good work and let me know if I can help you at all. I love you. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keaton, I don't know you but I know your mom and I have to tell you that after reading through your blog I'm very proud of you and what you are doing. It's hard for most adults to do what your doing, keep up the good work bud! Krissy

    ReplyDelete