Monday, December 7, 2009

Starting the Week Out Right

Mon. Dec 7

  • 140 cal
  • 43.9 fat cal
  • 1.31 miles
  • 5.2 laps
  • pulse 153
  • 28:30

In his words....I am proud of what I did and I am feeling better because I am doing more than a mile. I tried to make good choices eating good foods at school. Today at school I started to moan because umm, I'm like this (pointing to himself) while I was at recess on the track and I was thinking that if I can ask Miss Leo, my teacher at school if me and my friend Austin would want to run the track with me a couple times. But I didn't ask her today because I was a little bit scared of asking Austin if he wanted to do it with me. While I did my mile today, Mom turned on the music and she started to groove. It made me feel that I can get this done before 30 minutes. I like having her in there with me while I exercise. She pushes me so I can get it done and not have to do it in a longer time. I feel good today. After school I had a banana when I got home and that made me feel proud of myself for making a good choice. That's all.



I am proud of Keaton. Yesterday we had salad for lunch and he loved it. He is really wanting to do this. Today I stayed after my class and had work to do so I knew Keaton would be on his own until I got there. My fear was that he would be snacking on the wrong things while I was gone. To my surprise he only had a banana. Good choice my boy. I had wanted him to do the mile while I was gone but once I got home it was clear to me it is easier to exercise with a motivator close by. He walked/ran as I danced the the radio. It was actually really fun for all of us. Belle danced on my bed, I walked in place and danced next to the treadmill. We had a great time. I kept it up until my belly started hurting and then I sat on the bed and raised my arms. (GO ME!!) We all do what we can do right?! I love my boy. I love all my children. There was a touch of grumbling when time to workout but it was quickly quieted and he got right to it. Right now I am thinking consistent and persistent.

To any and all who read this....please leave Keaton a message. He reads this and it will be a great motivator for him. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Keaton!! You're doing awesome! I'm going to have my son read this blog too. I think it would be good motivation for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Wow, wow, wow!! I am a grown woman and this is something that is hard for ME. It is HARD to change your habits and to live healthy consistently. I have made multiple attempts and always end up giving in, then starting again, then giving in, and starting again, etc. This is helping to motivate me to get started again!! If Keaton can do it, then I can, right?! Thanks for the motivation, Keaton! You're doing awesome! Better than I am, anyway. :) I'll be right alongside you (far away in Wyoming) trying to improve myself as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great kid! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete