Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wed---Have to Regroup

In his words.....I didn't do my mile today but ...and I didn't do a good choice of foods. At breakfast I had seconds and while my mom was at class I had a bagel with cream cheese and a bowl of cereal after she told me to have a fruit or a vegetable while she was gone. I didn't do my mile but I want to work harder on doing it. There is a reason why mom tells me to get it done early...so I can do the fun stuff when mom gets home and in the evening. But I did make a good choice for dinner. I helped make a green salad and I said that steak isn't so good for you mom because it has fat. But if you don't eat alot of the steak it can be healthy for you sometimes. My goal for tomorrow is to make good food choices and get my mile done before mom gets back from class.

Today was a little more difficult than the last few days. On Wed and Thurs I have class from 4-6:30. High snacking time. I gave Keaton very specific instructions for while I was gone. Get his exercise done and only fruit or veg for snack. Neither of which happened. I planned to pick up some steak and lettuce on my way home for dinner. I got home and was disappointed. But we talked about just doing better the next day. Like forgiveness, we try again and do better. Now he understands much better why I encourage him to get the exercise in early. On the bright side.....the kids did play out back sledding for an hour while I was in class and that really is one of the best workouts.....you don't know it is exercise. So we will all try better tomorrow.

Of course I didn't do much better today....My meals were good but while going to the store just for lettuce and steak, I found Boston baked beans and covered almonds in the bulk session. Bad choice Tara, but oh so good right now as I am all alone and wanting a little treat.

6 comments:

  1. hey! we've never met in "real life" but betz ("batini" as i know him) and my husband are buds- i just wanted to tell you that your goals are so awesome! i don't talk about this with everyone, but a few years ago, i lost ALOT of weight and got really healthy (by ALOT, think... more than 100 pounds!!) so don't get discouraged, no matter what, every day is a new day to work towards your goals! it can be done! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get down on yourself. Today is a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody has bad days but you have encouraged me to start exercising. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not going to be able to eat perfect every day. Every once in a while you're going to need a treat. The point is to just do better the next meal or the next day. Which you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never met you Keaton, but you are inspiring. You are very courageous to document your progress. I like to make goals to live healthy too but am sometimes embarrased to tell people because I am scared that they will think bad about me if I don't do good. You are very cool. And you're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Keaton- I love you tons! I know you can do it-remember to drink lots of water. Love, Aunt Maria

    ReplyDelete