Thursday, December 10, 2009

A New Day

Thursday Dec 10
  • 101 cal
  • 31.7 fat cal
  • 1.00 miles
  • 4.0 laps
  • 23:25 (CHECK THAT OUT)
  • pulse 172

In his words...I think I did good today with what I was eating. I didn't have seconds with breakfast or lunch. (AWESOME!) I wanted to have a cucumber for snack. While I was pealing it Taron, my brother, said let's hurry and show mom our sledding slides and when I did that mom ate it. I feel very good about the comments I am getting. Sometime they make my mom cry. I am really happy about the time I did on my mile because that is the lowest I have ever gotten and I did it by myself with no motivation. Yesterday I was kind of nervous about putting my real feelings on the blog but mom encouraged me to be honest. This is my journey and I have to be honest. I feel better about myself today because I made good choices about not having seconds and getting my mile in. That's all.

Keaton is my inspiration. I am grateful for his decision. This evening grandma stopped by and was here when I got home from class. A little later, my sister Sharen, her husband and baby Jaxon stopped by with holiday treats. It really would have been easy for Keaton to back out of his workout. Once in there....on his own...he pushed himself to beat his last mile. Just a little thought about yesterday. Keaton really struggles with what he wanted to share. He was really hard on himself but didn't want to disappoint people (I think himself.) I realize it is more that just what he eats and how much he runs. This journey is also about dealing with the reason he (and I) struggle with our weight. If you knew Keaton, you would know his love is big enough to take everyone in. He tries to protect me. He worries about those around us. I can't say I don't have my struggles with him, but overall he really is my light and strength. For me this is not about him loosing weight. It is about stopping the pain. Tomorrow he is going to weigh first thing in the morning. I am hoping for a positive reading (or should I say a negative one). This kid deserves it.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Keaton. Keep up the hard work, as you have already discovered some days are harder than others and if you slip up don't berate youself just do what your doing and make the next day a better one.. I am so proud of you. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to and work hard for. I miss you.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That's an amazing time!! You're improving so much so fast! And to do it on your own had to feel so so good! You are crazy amazing! Especially at this time of year when neighbors are dropping off goodies and treats every other night and there are all sorts of food crazy Christmas parties to go to. Keep it up. You're doing so awesome. I can see through your thoughts why you are such an inspiration to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Keaton!!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete